Progress Report - November 2021
I post a progress report showing what I did and how my products performed each month. Last month’s report can be seen here.
What did I do
I worked 130 productive on side projects hours last month. I noticed this includes C4 but it probably shouldn’t be considered a side-project of mine anymore.
To make these progress reports a bit more interesting, from now on I’ll post my favourite song, TV show, and article I read last month.
- Article of the Month: Neodyme’s Solana Security Workshop
- Song of the Month: Kummer - Der letzte Song
- TV series of the Month: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation
What was worked on
This month is the 5 year anniversary of writing my monthly progress reports. The first one can be seen here. It’s incredible how many failed side projects I had over the years. If I calculate the opportunity costs of my market rate times the hours spent on these side projects, not a single one of them made sense. Neither have I gone back and read a single one of these progress reports (except the first one now). Working on these projects was still more fun than client work but I need to rethink all of this on my new year’s goal post.
Anyway, what did I do this month?
- Solved the Solana Security Workshop challenges. My solutions can be found here
- Learned some more Rust and how useful the
Fromtrait is after looking at a codebase that heavily uses it.
- lots of other smaller things, helping out here and there
Sessions went up to 8,538 on my website.
I did not stick to my bi-weekly schedule of releasing a blog post. Still, at least I managed to write a single post.
My twitter followers increased by 251 to 2002.
Learn EOS Development
I sold 7 books last month. 👀