Progress Report - August 2017


Progress Report - August 2017

I post a progress report showing what I did and how my products performed each month. Last month’s report can be seen here.

What did I do

Productive Hours in August 2017

I worked 18 productive hours. (Tracked using RescueTime.)
I watched Preacher Season 2, Rick and Morty Season 3.
I read Rework.

I wrote a headless Chrome script to scrape the web pages and create the images for these Progress Reports. It’s only a small save in time, but a huge investment in keeping my sanity.



Downloads went down by 100. In sum, my apps were downloaded 918 times this month.

In-App Purchases

In-app Purchases went down to 9 orders this month. (-5)

I made an estimated 30.80€ (-17.12€) this way.

Ad Revenue

In contrast, ad revenue incrased for some reason. The last months I made about 60 euros, this month I made 75.90€ (+14.12€) for 70388 Google AdMob banner impressions.

App Income AdMob

Total App Income

In total, this month’s app income was 106.70€ (-3.00€).

IAPs Ads Total
30.80€ 75.90€ 106.70€

Third month in a row where I made over 100€, I hope I can keep this up and it was not just a summer trend that declines now.

Platform Growth


Website traffic was mostly stable again. I released no new blog posts.

Website Traffic


I lost 2 twitter followers.

What’s next

I’m doing the serverless stack tutorial and rewriting my backend for the new app to use DynamoDB + AWS Lambda instead. It’s a really great tutorial so far, you should definitely check it out.

Hi, I'm Christoph Michel 👋

I'm a , , and .

Currently, I mostly work in software security and do on an independent contractor basis.

I strive for efficiency and therefore track many aspects of my life.